Home : Photoshop Web Buttons : Glossy Button
1. Create a new file with dark background.
Keep dark color for foreground and the lighter version of the same
color for background.
2. Select Rounded Rectangle Tool, keeping 60 for radius draw the
elliptical shape button as shown below.
3. Create new layer. Go to Path palette. Turn path to selection
by clicking "Load path as a selection" button at the bottom.
4. You are on the new layer. Select Gradient Tool and drag from
top to bottom.
5. Create another new layer.
Select > Modify > Contract
Select > Feather (Radius
6. Change the foreground color to white. Select Gradient Tool again
and keep "Foreground to Transparent" option in the option
bar. Drag again from the top to bottom. Deselect the selection with
CTRL + D
7. Change the opacity of the top layer to 85% to adjust
the light in the button.