Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Drawing Leaf
We will paint the leaf using photoshop. We kept
the sample textile artwork open in photoshop for the reference of
1. Open photoshop. open the exported jpeg leaf file
that is designed in corel draw in the last
lesson. You can reduce the size it it does not fit the window.
2. Select Magic Wand Tool and click within the leaf
inside the border. The inside portion will be selected. Create a
new layer and keep it selected. Select the basic leaf color using
Eyedropper Tool. We selected the cream color within the leaf.
3. Fill the entire leaf with the base color.
4. To get rid of the dark black border either off
the display of the background layer or create the new layer between
the painting layer and the background layer and fill it with white
color. Or you can even delete the background layer. Lock the painting
layer (marked with red circle) before you start painting again.
5. Select the shade of the green and paint the leaf
using paint brush. Use soft brush and paint at the corner and a
bit in the middle. Carefully observe the original artwork while
you paint. Increase or decrease the brush size according to the
6. Filter > Artistic > Cutout
7. You can use any available method to change the
fill into something that look like painted naturally.