Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Drawing Leaf
We have taken the sample of textile artwork as a
reference. First, we will learn to draw small objects.
These lessons are particularly useful for those who
can not draw by free hand method.
1. Open Corel DRAW. Select Bezier Tool to draw a small
leaf marked with red circle in the image. Draw triangle as shown
below using bezier tool. Keep the triangle selected.
2. Select Shape Tool. Drag around the triangle to
select all the three points.
3. Click "Convert Line To Curve" (marked with red circle)
in the property bar.
4. Select the left corner Node (marked with red circle)
using shape tool.
5. Click "Make Node Symmetrical" (marked
with red circle) in the property bar.
6. You get the curved shape that can be edited by dragging the bezier
handle (marked with red circle) or the node itself (marked with
7. Edit the shape to make a leaf using shape tool
on bezier handle and the node.
8. Fill the leaf with some color and remove the outline.
9. We will export the leaf in Photoshop
to fill the color as shown in the sample artwork.
File > Export (Select
"Selected only" in the options if there are many object
on the page)
10. Export with Jpeg format.
11. Open the file in photoshop. We will learn painting
in the next lesson.