Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Painting Branch
We will paint the branch using photoshop. We kept
the sample textile artwork open in photoshop for the reference of
colors. Please refer the first
painting lesson for the basics.
1. Open photoshop. open the exported jpeg branch file
that is designed in corel draw in the last
lesson. You can reduce the size it it does not fit the window.
2. Select Magic Wand Tool and click within the main
branch inside the border. The inside portion will be selected. Create
a new layer and keep it selected. Select the basic branch color
using Eyedropper Tool.
3. Fill the entire leaf with the base color.
4. This time we used a thin border for the branch
hence we don't have to hide dark black border like last
lesson. Select the shade of the red and paint the branch using
paint brush. Use soft brush and paint according to the requirement.
Carefully observe the original artwork while you paint. Increase
or decrease the brush size according to the requirement.
5. Select the small branch using magic wand and fill
it with the shade of the green.
6. You can use any available method to change the fill into something
that look like painted naturally. We did not change it to paint
effect as we found it not necessary in this case.