Home : Photoshop Learning Tools : Painting Flower
We will paint the flower using photoshop. We kept
the sample textile artwork open in photoshop for the reference of
colors. Please refer the first
painting lesson for the basics.
While painting the flower you have to take care of
the brush size and the type. You can try different options from
brush properties for shading.
1. Open photoshop. open the exported jpeg flower file
that is designed in corel draw in the last
lesson. You can reduce the size it it does not fit the window.
2. Select Magic Wand Tool and click within any petal
inside the border. The inside portion will be selected. Create a
new layer and keep it selected. Select the basic flower color using
3. Fill the entire petal with the base color. Keep the layer selected.
We will stroke the border. Select proper color using eyedropper
tool on the sample artwork for border.
4. Edit > Stroke (Width: 5 pixels Location: Inside)
5. Select the inside portion within the border of
the petal using magic wand tool. Select soft brush and start painting
the petal with proper color. We have selected the wet edge option
for painting the inside potion of the petal.
6. Select the center portion using magic wand tool
and start painting. Be careful about the layers. While painting
you must be on the painting layer and while selection you should
be on the background layer.
7. You can use any available method to change the fill into something
that look like painted naturally. We did not change it to paint
effect as we found it not necessary in this case.