Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Quick Mask Mode
Quick Mask Mode
1. Quick mask mode is a powerful way
of selection in 0hotoshop It is a selection based on the masking
of the desired portion of an image. It is used for minute and accurate
2. Start with opening an image with something in a background to remove. We have an image where we will fill the background with some color.
3. At the bottom of the Toolbox you will find an button for quick mask mode. Red marked button is for "Edit in Quick Mask Mode"
4. Before starting with the tutorials, double click
on quick mask mode. Select "Selected Areas" Keep the red
color or you can change it. Default opacity is 50%. Increase the percentage if you want more dark color for selection. Click OK to close the
Click on the "Quick Mask Mode" button
to start with the tutorial.
5. Select hard paint brush and start painting on the background. Remember that painted area will be selected.
6. Use smaller size of brush for accurate painting.
7. Switch to white color and remove the red paint which is overlapping the face and the rest of the body.
8. Use different size of brushes and zoom the image
to paint minutely.
9. When you will finish with painting, click "Quick Mask Mode" button. Red color will be replaced by normal
10. Fill the selection with color.