Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Layer Mask Part 3
Layer Mask Part 3
1. Layer masking can be used to create
advanced mixing effects without changing original images.
2. Open Photoshop. Open main image which will be used
as a base.
3. Open another image to apply Layer Masking Techniques.
4. Drag this image on the main image using Move Tool.
Keep this Layer selected.
5. Layer > Add Layer Mask
> Reveal All
6. Select Brush Tool with soft brush. Make sure that
black color is automatically selected as a foreground.
7. Start painting with Brush Tool around the image.
8. Wherever you paint that area will get revealed.
8. If by mistake you paint on the main surface and
the image get erased as shown below.
9. Change the foreground color to White and start
painting on the image. The erased image portion will be displayed
8. Change the blending mode to Linear Dodge to get