Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Layer Mask Part 1
Layer Mask Part 1
1. Layer masking can be used to create
advanced mixing effects without changing original images.
2. Open Photoshop. Open main image which you will use for masking. We need two images.
3. Open another image to apply Layer Masking Techniques.
4. Drag the first image on other image using Move Tool.
Keep the top Layer selected. You can drag any image on the top according to your choice.
5. The images on the canvas will be seen as follows.
6. Layer > Layer Mask
> Reveal All
7. Select Brush Tool with soft brush. Make sure that
black color is automatically selected as a foreground. Make sure that the top layer is selected.
8. Start painting with Brush Tool around the image. The layer will have the black color painting in the layer palette.
8. Wherever you paint that area will get revealed. And you will get beautiful mixing of both the images.