Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Pattern
1. Create new file with 72 PPI
and white background.
Select Rectangular Marquee Tool and draw rectangle
to create brick.
2. Fill it with the color.
If you want to fill foreground color press Alt + Del.
3. Choose Airbrush Tool with soft brush.
Select slightly darker shade than the filled color.
4. Press Shift and click top right, top left and bottom
left to make the brick bevel like.
5. Keep the shape selected. Select Move Tool.
Press Alt and copy the shape. Place the shape as shown
6. Select the part of the image with Rectangular Marquee
Tool in such a way that if it is repeated as a pattern you should
get continuous design.
7. Edit > Define Pattern
8. Name the pattern and deselect with Ctrl +D
9. Edit > Fill > Pattern
Choose the pattern from the drop down menu
Choose the newly created custom pattern. Click OK.
The image will get filled with pattern.