Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Editing Selections
1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with rectangular
2. Select Rectangular Marquee Tool from toolbox. Drag
on the image. You will get animated selection border. It indicated
the area selected by the tool.
3. If you press and drag the cursor within selection,
you can move selection anywhere, it won't affect the selected part
of an image. When the pointer is placed within the selection, the cursor is changed. The moving will help in positioning the selection.
4. Select move tool if you want to move the selected
part. Place it within the selection and drag. It will move the selected
part and reveal the background. This time we have kept while as a background color.
5. You can fill foreground color in the selection
using Alt+Del key. We kept green for foreground.