Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Editing Selections
1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with rectangular
2. Select Rectangular Marquee Tool from toolbox. Drag
on the image. You will get animated selection border. It indicated
the area selected by the tool.
3. Press Shift and drag another rectangle overlapping
some part of the previous one. Now release shift key. You will get
the addition of the two selections.
4. If you press Alt key and drag second selection,
the overlapping part will get subtracted from the first one.
5. You can try similar technique using Elliptical
Marquee Tool also. In the following image we have used Elliptical Marquee Tool and shift key to add two selections.
6. In the following image we have used Elliptical Marquee Tool and Alt key to subtract one from other selection.