1. Open Photoshop. Open an Image to work with Lasso Tool.
2. Select the first Lasso Tool from the tool bar.
3. You can select the fruit using this free form lasso but you will notice that it doesn't give accurate selection. Press Ctrl + D to deselect.
4. It may be very useful for drawing free hand selection border. Press Ctrl + D to deselect.
4. Press the cursor on the Lasso Tool and you will get three options. Select second, Polygonal Lasso Tool. Select the point to begin the selection and keep on clicking closer along with the edges of the fruit. You will notice that the selection is pretty accurate. Press Ctrl + D to deselect.
5. Press the cursor on the Lasso Tool again and you will get three options. Select third, Magnetic Lasso Tool. Click the first point near the edge and start moving along with the edge of the image. The selection will get automatically snapped around the edge. Complete the selection to the first point. You will get perfect selection. Press Ctrl + D to deselect.
6. Please remember that you need high contrast background to use Magnetic Lasso Tool. In the selected image the background is contrast hence it was easier to select the object using magnetic lasso tool.
7. It is advisable to zoom an object which we wish to select before using lasso tool because it become easier to find an edge of the object.