Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Masking No Link
Masking No Link
1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with masking
2. Click the indicated button below the layer pallete with red circle which is called "Add Layer Mask".
3. You will get the following result.
4. There is a small link between the image and the
layer mask thumbnail shows that the layer mask is linked to the
layer. It is indicated with the yellow arrow in the figure.
4. Now click the small icon of the link to remove
the link between the layer and the layer mask. When you click the
icon, it will be vanished. Now there is no link between the layer
and the layer mask.
5. Select the Move Tool and Click the layer thumbnail.
Start dragging the move tool on the image. You will find that the
layer mask is stationary and the image is moving inside the layer
mask. You can observe the movement of image in the layer palette
6. Now click on the layer mask thumbnail and
again drag the move tool on the image. You will find that the layer
mask is moving and the image is stationary.