Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Masking Link
1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with masking
2. Using Elliptical Marquee tool
and Reveal selection command, create the following mask on
the image. (Please follow previous
basic masking tutorials before doing this)
3. There is a small link between the image and the
layer mask thumbnail shows that the layer mask is linked to the
layer. It is indicated with the red arrow in the figure.
4. Select Move Tool. Place it in the middle portion
of the revealed part of the image and start moving. We have moved
it towards the top right corner.
5. The image and the mask move together simultaneously.
You can figure out from the layer that the image is
moving along with the layer mask.
In the next
lesson, we will see the effect after removing the link between
image and mask.