Home : Photoshop
Image Effects : Reflections
1. Open Adobe Photoshop. Open desired image. Try to select proper image suitable for reflection effect.
2. Duplicate the layer using CTRL + J
3. Image > Canvas Size (Change hight to 200%)
4. This will increase the size of the canvas where e can place the reflection of an image.
5. Select duplicated layer. Edit > Transformed > Flip Verticle
Drag the inverted image down and fit it in the increased canvas.
6. Create a new layer and fill it with white color.
Filter Gallery > Half Tone Pattern
Size : 4 Contrast : 50 Pattern Type : Line
7. Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur (Radius 4.0)
Save this image as pattern.psd and delete this layer.
Select the reflection.
Filter > Distort > Displace (You can try different inputs)
8. Select pattern.psd when Displace filter will ask.
9. If the image is reduced slightly by hight, press CTRL + T, drag to increase the hight and fit it properly. The result will be as follows.