Home : Photoshop
Image Effects : Lip Color
Lip Color using Mask
1. Open Adobe Photoshop. Open desired image. We will first change the image into black and white color.
2. Image > Adjustments > Black & White
3. You will get following image.
4. We will make this image more attractive using Brightness and Contrast from Image > Adjustments
5. Now the image will look more prominent and bit darker.
6. Duplicate the layer using CTRL + J key.
7. Select the top layer and paint the lips using proper color with Brush Tool. You do not need to be precise.
8. Change the top layer blending mode to Overlay.
9. The result will be as follows.
10. The image is bit darker and we have color around the lips also. We will remove this darkness and extra lip color using mask.
Select the top layer and Click "Add Layer Mask" at the bottom of the layer palette.
11. Using brush try to remove the darkness in the image by rubbing it on the top layer. Similarly carefully move the brush on the extra color. Keep the black color at the foreground.