Home : Photoshop Image Effect : Hue/Saturation Part 4
1. Open Photoshop. Open the image saved in the last lesson where the selection is copied as new layer.
2. Select the background layer.
Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation
Check Colorize and don't change any other settings at this stage. Click OK.
3. You will notice that the background changes into single color and the top layered fish stand out in the picture. We can have different variations if we try different settings.
4.Double click on layer thumbnail to open the Hue/Saturation dialogue box again. Drag the Saturation slider towards right to 70. Click OK. You will get more saturated background.
5.Double click on layer thumbnail to open the Hue/Saturation dialogue box again. Keep saturation slider at the same position (70), drag the Lightness slider to the left to -70. Click OK. The background becomes darker.
6. You can change the Hue slider setting to get different colors. We moved the Hue slider to the left at 38 in the following image without changing any other settings.
7. We will try gradient background in the next lesson.