Home : Flash
Text Effects : Simple Text Masking
Simple Text Masking
1. Open Flash and type the text.
Edit > Cut > Paste in Center
This will paste the text in center of the stage
2. Change the color and size in Property > Character.
You need bigger size to get proper masking effect.
3. Press F5 at 25th frame. We are not going to apply any effect on the text.
4. Create a new layer and draw circle towards the left side of the text on the new layer. Convert the circle to symbol.
5. You will get the time line as shown in the figure below.
6. Press F6 at 25th frame and drag the circle towards right side of the text
7. Right click between the 1st and the 25th frame in the top layer and select "Create Classic Tween".
8. Play the animation.
9. Right click on the top layer where the names of the layers are displayed. Select Mask.
10 . Play the animation.