Home : Special Effects : Text Color Masking
Text Color Masking
1. Open flash and take a document size of 475 X 150 Pixels. Draw red rectangle filling the whole stage and convert it to symbol using F8.
2. Press F6 at 60th frame. Drag the rectangle to left at first frame.
3. Apply tween and you will get the following result.
4. Create new layer in the timeline and type the text at the top. Try to use thick and bigger size font to get better effect.
5. No need to convert this to symbol as we are not going to make any changes to the text.
6. Right click on the top layer where the text is situated and select Mask.
7. The layer in the timeline will show the changes indicating masking.
8. The red rectangle will be displayed only where the text is overlapped.
9. Export movie using File
> Export > Export Movie