Home : Special Effects : Shape Tween Masking
Shape Tween Masking
1. Prepare the image for flash with proper size that will fit to the size of the text. We have selected following image.
2. Open flash and Import image on the stage using
File > Import > Import to Stage
3. For this particular animation we don't need to convert the image to symbol because we are not going to make any changes to the image.
4. Press F5 at 60th frame to keep an image stationary for 60 frames.
5. Create new layer in the timeline and draw the circle. Press F6 on 60th frame. Please make a note that we don't need to convert shape into symbol because we will be applying shape tween.
6. Press F7 on 20th and 40th frame to add rectangle and polygon respectively. Apply shape tween between the shapes.
7. Following figure represents the timeline with shape tween.
8. If you play this animation it will be regular, simple shape tween animation with a shapes changing over the image.
9. Right click on the top layer where the shape tween animation is situated and select Mask.
10. The layer in the timeline will show the changes indicating masking.
11. The image will be displayed only where the shape tween animation is overlapped.
12. Export movie using File
> Export > Export Movie