Home : Special Effects : Simple
1. Open flash and type the text. Try to choose thick font to get the better effect.
2. Press F5 at 60th frame to keep the text uniform for 60 frames.
3. For this particular animation we don't need to convert the text to symbol because we are not going to make any changes to the text.
4. Create new layer in the timeline and draw the circle to the left. Keep it selected.
5. Convert the circle into graphic symbol.
6. Select 60th frame on the top layer where the circle is placed and press F6 to insert the Keyframe.
7. Drag the circle to right side at the end of the text and apply motion tween.
8. If you play this animation it will be regular, simple animation with a circle moving over the text.
9. Right click on the top layer where the circle is situated and select Mask.
10. The layer in the timeline will show the changes indicating masking.
11. The text will be displayed only where the circle is overlapped.
12. Export movie using File
> Export > Export Movie