Home : Photoshop Retouching : Simple Channels Part 2
Using Simple Channels Part 2
By using channels and levels we can go one more step
further to get grayscale output.
1. Open an image to use Channels for grayscale output.
2. Windows > Channels
3. Or Switch to Channels Palette.
4. This time we will select Red Channel
5. With Red, its too light.
6. Image > Adjustments
7. Adjust the levels as shown in the following image.
8. Create New Grayscale document and drag Red Channel
9. Delete Gray channel from the channel palette of
the new file.
10. Image > Mode
Switch to Grayscale from Multichannel
11. You can trim the file if the original file is
bigger than the dragged image.