Home : Photoshop Retouching : Lab Color Part 2
Lab Color Part 2
Using same Lab Color mode concept, there is another
method of getting gray scale output. We need to create new gray
scale file and drag the lightness channel to it.
1. Open an image to apply photoshop Lab Color mode.
2. Image> Mode > Lab
3. Switch to Channels Palette or
Windows > Channels
4. Create New file with Grayscale Mode.
5. Drag the Lightness channel on the new grayscale
6. Delete the Gray channel from the channel palette.
7. Image > Mode
Switch to Grayscale from Multichannel
8. You can trim the file if the original file is bigger
than the dragged image.