Home : Photoshop Retouching : Blending Modes
Blending modes can be used sometimes to get satisfactory
results for black and white output. Hue is a mode taking brightness
and saturation from the base color and add the color from the blend
layer. You will get the same result if you try the following procedure
with Saturation and color mode.
1. Open an image to for grayscale output.
2. Windows > Layers
3. Or Switch to Layers Palette.
4. Create new layer and fill it with white color.
5. Change the blend mode to Hue.
6. You will get the same output with black color.
7. Always remember to keep the opacity 100% for proper