Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Weld To – Target, Source Object
Weld To – Target, Source Object
Let us get into more details about
the Weld To command.
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Select Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle. Draw
another rectangle so as to overlap the part of the first one. Keep
the second rectangle selected.
3. Go to Arrange > Shaping
4. This will open the docker i.e. the dialogue box
fixed to the right of the desktop.
5. Check "Source Object" only.
6. Click Weld To
7. You will get "Weld To" cursor to select
the object you want to weld to the already selected object. Click
the cursor on the first rectangle.
8. The selected rectangle is welded to the clicked
rectangle to form one single object. And the source object that
is the initially selected rectangle will also remain intact.
9. So you get the welded object as well as the original
source object on the page.
10. When you do the same procedure checking the target
object in the docker, you get the target object intact after welding.
11. And when you check both Target and source object,
you get both the objects intact with the welded one on the page.