Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Front Minus Back
Front Minus Back
This removes back object from the front
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Select Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle. Select
Ellipse tool and draw the circle so as to overlap the part of the
3. You need to select both of the objects to activate
this command. Double click on the Pick Tool to select both the objects.
4. Go to Arrange > Shaping
5. This will open the docker i.e. the dialogue box
fixed to the right of the desktop. Select "Front minus Back"
from the drop down. Click Apply.
6. In this case the rectangle is considered as back
and the ellipse is considered as front.
7. As a definition goes, this will remove back from
8. It means overlapped rectangular portion will be
removed from the elliptical object.