Trim can be used to create complex shapes. The process of trimming depends on what object you select for trim. Please understand the procedure carefully.
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Select Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle. Select Ellipse tool and draw the circle so as to overlap the part of the rectangle. Keep the circle selected.
3. Go to Arrange > Shaping > Shaping
4. This will open the docker i.e. the dialogue box fixed to the right of the desktop. Select Trim from the drop down. "Source Object" is selected by default, if not select it leaving other option blank.
5. Click Trim. You will get "Trim" cursor to select the object you want to trim by the already selected object.
6. Click the cursor on the rectangle.
7. The selected rectangle is trimmed; it means the portion of the rectangle is cut in the shape of the overlapped part of the circle. And the source object that is the initially selected circle will also remain intact.