|Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Simplify
One of the best command introduced
with the latest Corel draw version. Many of you may not have this
if you are using older versions. This will trim the overlapping
areas of the objects. You can draw more than two objects to experiment
with this command.
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Select Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle. Select
Ellipse tool and draw the circle so as to overlap the part of the
3. Then again draw an ellipse that will overlap both
rectangle and the last circle.
4. We will select all of the objects to work on this
command. Double click on the Pick Tool to select all the three objects.
5. Go to Arrange > Shaping
6. This will open the docker i.e. the dialogue box
fixed to the right of the desktop. Select "Simplify" from
the drop down. Click Apply.
7. The first rectangle will be trimmed by the second
circle and the third ellipse that are overlapped. The second circle
is also trimmed by the third overlapped ellipse.
8. You will observe that the top most object i.e.
the last drawn ellipse remained intact.