Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Shaping Basics
We will start with the shaping where
we can weld, trim, intersect and do lot more things with the selected
objects. Let us understand the basic principle of weld, trim and
1. You always need two objects for weld, trim and
2. Better to overlap them first before you work with
weld, trim and intersect.
3. When you overlap two objects and go for weld command,
the overlapped part of the objects is melted and the two objects
are turned into one single object.
4. If you overlap two objects and try trim command,
the overlapped part of the first object will cut or trim the part
of the second object.
5. If you overlap two objects and try intersect command,
the overlapped or the intersected part will be available separately.
6. There are different ways to work with shaping commands.
Shaping can be useful to create irregular shapes.