Home : Corel DRAW Artistic Effect : Making
Making Precious Stones
1. Open Corel DRAW and select
Polygon Tool. Draw the polygon with 7 sides. Use property bar to
fix the sides.
2. Select Interactive Extrude Tool and create extrude.
Drag the guide lines and place them as shown below.
3. Select Bazier Tool and create triangles from the
sides of the stone to the intersection point of the guidelines.
4. Select Interactive Fill Tool. Select any triangle
and drag the tool over the triangle.
Select Linear Fountain Fill from property bar and
select the colors of your choice.
5. Copy the same fill in all the triangles by following
Right click and drag the filled triangle to the unfilled
one. When they will get overlapped the cursor will turn into cross
mark with circle. Release mouse button. Click 'Copy Fill Here'.
6. Select the extrude (back portion)
Arrange > Separate
Fill the small rectangles by the same method.
Change the directions of the two colors by moving
and dragging Interactive Fill Pointer.