5. Keep the rectangle selected. Click "Intersect
6. Click the pointer on the upper half of the text.
The lower half of the text will be intersected. Keep it aside. Drag
the same rectangle to the upper half and repeat the same procedure.
You will get the intersected upper part.
7. Delete the rectangle and the original text.
8. We got the two sliced pieces of the text. Select
the lower half.
9. Select Interactive Extrude Tool and drag the pointer
on the lower half of the text to apply the effect.
10. Select upper half.
11. Effects > Copy Effect
> Extrude From