Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Draft
Draft mode displays bitmaps and drawing
fills on low resolution. It is one step behind the normal mode as
far as the display is concerned but since it uses low resolution,
it is faster than Normal mode.
1. Open Corel DRAW.
2. Import any colored bitmap picture.
3. Zoom the pictures and toggle between Normal and
drat mode. The previous picture was in Normal mode. The following
picture is in draft mode.
4. You will find that the picture is bit pixilated
in the draft mode as it uses low resolution.
5. There is another way of finding the working of
the draft mode.
6. Draw two rectangles while you are in the Normal
mode. Fill the first with green color.
7. Select Interactive fill tool and fill the second
rectangle with fountain fill using the combination of red and white
colors with Linear fill.
8. Apply blend effect using those two rectangles.
Observe the blend carefully. The green color is blended with the
combination of red and white gradient smoothly.
9. Go to View and change the view to Draft mode. You
will find that the rectangle which is filled with red and white
linear fill has changed the fill color to the shade of pink that
is intermediate of red and white and blended to the green color.
10. This way the draft mode refreshes the drawing
with the low resolution.
11. If you switch back to the Normal mode, you will
get back the original red and white fountain fill in the second