Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Select within Group
Select within Group
We have learned that once we form the
group of two or more objects, they are selected together. In fact
that's the basic purpose of forming of the group. It is for the
ease of selection. But if you with to fill the color separately
to particular object in the group, there is a way to do this.
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Using Rectangle and Ellipse tool, draw rectangle
and ellipse. Fill it with same colors.
3. Select both, the rectangle and ellipse using
4. Go to Arrange
5. Select the group using Pick tool.
6. Fill some other color.
7. As a group both the objects selected together
and they are fill with the same color.
8. Now we want to fill the rectangle with different
color than ellipse. At the same
time we do not with to break the group.
9. Press CTRL and select rectangle with the
10. The rectangle is selected.
11. Fill it with any color other than the color
12. You can even stretch, scale and rotate the
object in this mode separately without breaking the group.