Home : Corel DRAW Basics : Group
Grouping in Corel draw is used for
easy selection of the different object in single click. If you have
lot of separate object in the design, you can group them for easy
selection. Please make a note that even if you group the objects
together they still remain as independent entities.
1. Open Corel Draw.
2. Select Rectangle tool and draw rectangle.
Fill it with any color.
3. Draw ellipse using ellipse tool near the
rectangle and fill it with different color than rectangle.
4. Select both, the rectangle and ellipse using
5. Go to Arrange
6. Both the objects are grouped together.
7. Please observe carefully that they still
have different colors within themselves as we filled in the beginning.
8. Select pick tool and click on any one of
the object, both the objects will get selected.
There may be some case where you need to group not
only different objects but different groups itself.
9 . Draw another rectangle and ellipse, fill
them with different colors and group them using same command.
10. Now we have a pair of group each having
rectangle and ellipse.
11. You can select these two groups separately
using Pick tool
12. Now select both the groups using Pick tool.
13. Go to Arrange
14. Select pick tool and click on any one of
the object, both the groups will get selected because they are the
part of one single group now.