Home : Photoshop Learning
Tools : Dissolve Mode
In the Dissolve mode, Photoshop will randomly change the layer pixels
to 0% opacity and other will remain to 100%. This effect can be
checked when the layer is set to the opacity less than 100%. Adobe Photoshop software can be used to create astonishing effects using different modes with different combination. With Dissolve mode, you get the mesh like structure on the top layer as some of the pixels are converted to 0% opacity.
1. Open Photoshop and open new file
with white background.
2. Make sure to keep RGB mode or change the mode by
Image > Mode > RGB color
3. Create new layer. Select Rectangular Marquee Tool.
Draw rectangle. Fill it with red color. Deselect the selection with
CTRL + D
4. Create another layer. Draw another rectangle that
overlaps some portion of the red rectangle in the layer below. Fill
it with green color. Deselect the selection with CTRL + D .
Keep the mode on Dissolve. You will not find any change
in the image.
5. Change the opacity to 80% and check out the effect.
6. The green solid filled rectangle is changed into
the dotted rectangle.